Thursday, January 31, 2013

Website Pratice

As I finished my digipack earlier than most people in my class, my teacher suggested that I begin to experiment with the website generator he will be teaching us to use next lesson. We are using a generator on the website called www.wix.com

It appears to be fairly simple to use. You are provided with a template for the website, which you can edit with ease.

This is a screen shot of my first attempt at changing the header of the website.

The pictures below are clearly not my own, as they are included in the template. By clicking on the images, I am given the option to change them by uploading my own images. When I start making the website properly, I will replace these images with screen shots from my music video, similar to the ones I have used on the digipack. On the right hand side there is an option to add a soundcloud of the song. To experiment I have used a soundcloud of an acoustic version of the song, although I hope to find the original version to put on the website.

The whole website will be based around the colour scheme of black, white and red, to link to the music video and digipack. I will also find somewhere on the home page to 'advertise' the new album, where I will use the cover of the digipack I have created.

2 comments: